Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We have compiled below the most frequently asked questions about registering a .JOBS domain name:
1. Why should my organization register a .JOBS domain?
2. What is a .JOBS website?
3. How much does it cost to register a .JOBS domain name?
4. Who are the registrars that sell .JOBS domain names?
5. Can I register more than one .JOBS domain name from a registrar? Am I allowed to have more than one .JOBS website?
6. Can I register a .JOBS domain name directly from this website?
7. What are some good examples of .JOBS websites I can look at?
|Amazon.jobs (Website Awards winner)||Greater.jobs|
|Team.jobs||ATT.jobs (Website Awards winner)|
|Providenceiscalling.jobs (Website Awards winner)||AEO.jobs|
8. Can anyone register .JOBS domain names?
9. Who is SHRM?
10. Do I have to be a member of SHRM to register a .JOBS domain name?
11. Do I have to be in the “HR Department” to register a .JOBS domain name?
12. How am I allowed to use my .JOBS domain name registration?
13. What is the best way to use a .JOBS domain name?
14. I’ve registered a .JOBS domain name but use it as a URL re-direct to my company’s .COM “careers” page. Is this ok?
15. I want to charge fees at my .JOBS website (such as for companies to list their jobs or for access to a candidate database). Am I allowed to operate a .JOBS website for commercial purposes?
16. Any commercial purpose?
17. I’ve read somewhere that I can’t use my .JOBS website as a “job board” (I can only list my own company’s jobs) – is this true?
18. We’re a staffing agency. Can we register .JOBS domain names for our websites?
19. How long does it take to process an application to register a .JOBS domain name?
20. I applied to register a .JOBS domain name through a registrar and they are saying it is still not approved in your system. What is the problem and what can I do?
21. How long does an application for a .JOBS domain name stay in your system for review?
22. I want to register a very generic name in .JOBS (such as a location, industry, occupation or common dictionary term) that is not my company name, brand name or a product name of my business. Is this possible?
23. Once I have registered a .JOBS domain name, do I have to make it work on the Internet?
24. If I sell or transfer my .JOBS domain name in the future to a different party, do you have to approve this? Is there a “re-verification” process at the time of domain name sale or transfer?
25. Am I allowed to sell my .JOBS domain name in the future to a different party at any price I want?
26. I registered a .JOBS domain name and now I want to list it for sale in the domain name aftermarket, is this allowed?
27. Someone has registered my trademark as a domain name in .JOBS. Will you take it back for me?
28. Where can I find .JOBS domain name WHOIS information?
29. How I can get access to the .JOBS Zone File?
30. What is the .JOBS Universe?
31. What is US.jobs?
32. Where can I get the Find.jobs Media Kit?